What are the different ways I may be able to seal / clear offenses from my criminal record?

One way is to get an expunction. An expunction wipes the information for a specific offense from all public records.

Another method is obtaining a nondisclosure order. This order makes the information for a specific offense that is on the record unavailable to the general public and allows you to legally deny that the offense ever occurred. A nondisclosure order is the mechanism to “seal the record.”

One additional way, if you are still on probation, is to request a set aside (or “Judicial Clemency”) order from the court. This procedure is not covered in this area of this website. Go to the section entitled “Set Asides” for information pertaining to this method of sealing the record.